The Recreation Manitoba Conference and Trade Show has been held for over 25 years. During that time, volunteers have played a key role in guaranteeing its success. Whether they assist in setting up the trade show and social events, or helping at the registration desk, the volunteers contribute in making our annual event run as smooth as possible.
This year our conference will return to in-person for the first time since 2020! We need volunteers, just like yourself, to help make our conference a great success!
We are currently looking for volunteers to help as:
- Confirm delegates are registered.
- Hand-out name tags
- Assist with the distribution of the delegate packages
- Assist speakers/presenters with their individual requirements
- Liaison at registration table to provide information on conference, and hotel logistics
- Input data from evaluation forms into computer
- Run errands as required by Conference committee
- Meet and greet delegates & presenters as they arrive at the Hotel/Conference Centre
- Provide directions and/or assistance as needed
- Meet presenter and ensure all room requirements are as requested and AV equipment is operating correctly
- Introduce the speaker
- Meet greet delegates as they arrive at the session
- Attend session and address any logistic situations that arise
- Distribute and collect the speaker evaluations for the session Will be paired with a delegate/mentor to network and gain a more meaningful experience
- Assist with set-up of tradeshow
- Attend to requirements of the tradeshow booth participants
- Assist with logistics and set-up at social event venue
- Participate in the social night festivities
- Maintain, manage and curate the official conference Social Media Outlets (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and, Instagram)
- Source and post relevant social updates
- experienced social media marketers who are knowledgeable about social media protocol and best practices (use of hash tags, re-posting and attribution, etc.)
Thursday May 5 and Friday May 6, 2022
All activities will be happening at the Canad Inns Polo Park. All volunteers will have extensive training and a team to support them.
As a volunteer you are treated as one of the family. Volunteers are warmly welcomed and encouraged to take part in the activities and attend the events; it’s a combination of volunteer work and good times! Plus, we’ll introduce you to influential people in the industry such as professional workers, potential employers, mentors and teachers.
And... you also get the following perks:
· A Full Conference Pass (you are required to dedicate your time as a volunteer first and assist at session when possible)
· A complimentary one-year Student Membership
· Unique networking opportunities with future colleagues and employers
· Hands-on experience with professionals from across Canada
· Access to social events and meals
· Discover new things about our province
· Have a good time!
How does it works?
As a volunteer you can attend all the conference events including sessions, forum, social events, etc., but you are required to dedicate your time and volunteer. The work schedule is prepared by the Volunteer Coordinator who manages the volunteer crews. Training on all positions will be provided.
To apply, please email Kamillah El-Giadaa at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume!